Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My First Sewing Machine

Yesterday I bought this sewing machine. It's a Pfaff Creative 1471 circa 1986.



I spent today playing around with it and finishing a project I was doing by hand. Then the creative juices started flowing and I designed & planned a new quilt. I'll go buy the fabric tomorrow. I was so enthralled I accidentally skipped my run, but I did my pilates video instead.

The dealer I bought the machine from gives free classes for as long as I own the machine. My first class is next Wednesday and I can't wait! I plan to have read the entire manual by then so I can ask specific questions, especially for my new project. Hopefully the single-stitch throat plate I ordered will be in too.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Good for you. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Ben Reilly said...

Ton of extra storage areas are well hidden on this fine West German device - I assume to hide contraband from the Stazi during border crossings.