Sunday, May 31, 2009

Home Improvement: Re-upholstering Chairs

This weekend I have been working on a simple home improvement project: re-upholstering my dinning room chairs. It has taken me this long to do it because I was waiting for the fabric to go on sale. Upholstery fabric is expensive. For example, the particular pattern I liked was originally $34.99 per yard! Finally I stuck gold. Joanne Fabrics had a 50% off sale and I had a 10% coupon on top of that! So I got 2 yards for less than the price of one :)

Enough about my frugal conquest, on to the project. We got this dinning room set for free from a good family friend in college and we carted it with us to Arizona. I finally have a dinning room and bought a rug to go with my color scheme. Unfortunately medium blue and dark green do not go together as you can see:

Before



After


Isn't it pretty! I like having a home filled with pretty things that actually match, much to my husband's chagrin. Interestingly, I found this original pink silk under the green re-covering:



I wonder how old it is?




2 comments:

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Don't you love simple things like this that make such a difference!? They look great.